If you’re looking to renew your Xbox Live Gold subscription, GameSpot Deals has a great bundled promotion right now worth checking out. For just $20, you can get three months of Xbox Live Gold and eight online courses focused on introductory game development. Since Xbox Live Gold normally costs $25 for three months, you get a subscription-only deal. The online courses really sweeten the pot, as they regularly cost upwards of $20 each.
All online courses are offered by Zenva Academy, one of the leading online learning sites for various computer skills including game development. The course package includes a dozen hours of video instruction focused on novice-level game development. There are courses that teach you the basics of Unity and the Unreal Engine, two of the most popular game engines and development tools. Here is the full list of courses, which cover a myriad of genres:
- Introduction to Unreal Engine Game Development
- Unreal Engine mini-projects
- 3D micro-project: point and click RPG
- Create a turn-based micro-RPG
- Action-RPG development for beginners
- Building an arcade game in Unreal Engine
- Create a Platformer in Unreal Engine
- Developing a first-person shooter in Unreal Engine
Meanwhile, Xbox Live Gold provides access to online multiplayer on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. You also get two free games each month as well as exclusive Xbox Store discounts.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.