We talked about Insignia, the Xbox Live replacement service on the original Xbox, for a while now, and that’s just because it looks really cool! The beta launch date is less than two weeks away, and it just added a few more games to its launch lineup, with more expected to be added every month in the future.
The catch with these recent additions is that they don’t support online multiplayer, but leaderboard support has been fully implemented, so players can again finish for high scores with others around the world. entire !
Here’s Insignia’s full launch lineup of 25 games:
- Cabela’s Deer Hunt: 2004 season (ranking only)
- Cabela deer hunting: 2005 season (Rankings only)
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour
- Colin McRae Rally 2004 (Rankings only)
- Conker: Live and Reloaded
- Crimson Skies
- Demo Crimson Skies
- Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix
- Ultimate dead or alive
- Ford Racing 2 (Rankings only)
- MechAssault Xbox Live Demo
- Downtown madness 3
- MotoGP: online demo
- Phantasy Star Online Episodes I and II
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
- SWAT – Global Strike Team (Rankings only)
- Tetris Worlds online
- Unreal Championship
- Fucked up!
- Fucked up! Trial version
- Xbox Live Arcade
The Insignia beta begins November 15, 2022 and registration is available at Badge website. Nearly 7,000 people have applied to join the service so far, although only around 1,000 systems have been registered with a small number of gamertags. For your information, the registration process is not as easy as the official Xbox Live!
For those wondering, Insignia will unfortunately not be supported on Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, as it is purely intended as a “free Microsoft server replacement for the original Xbox console”. Still, we can’t wait to see how it plays out on Xbox OG in the weeks and months to come!