In this article, we are going to talk about what you can do if the Xbox app game install stuck on Preparation 0%. Recently, many users reported that while installing any app or game on the Xbox ecosystem, the installation freezes on Preparation 0%. And, the worst part is that this error is not app or game specific, i.e. it occurs with all games or apps that users try to install. So, if you are also facing the same problem then continue with the troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
Installing Xbox app game gets stuck while preparing at 0%
Here is what to do if you are faced with installing the Xbox App game. Preparation 0% Mistake.
- Download the latest Windows update
- Restart the Windows Installer Service
- Clear Windows Store cache
- Disable IPv6
- Disable EA Services
- Repair or reset the Xbox app
Let’s see all these solutions in detail.
1]Download the latest Windows Update
The very first thing you need to do whenever you experience the mentioned issues is to check whether or not there is a Windows update available. If yes then download it immediately to fix the problem. Here are the steps to download the latest Windows update.
- Open Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I shortcut.
- Click on the Windows Update option present on the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the Check for update option.
Now Windows will search for any available update. If found, download it immediately. After the update and installation process is completed, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Lily: How to Clear Xbox Series X and Series S Cache
2]Restart Windows Installer Service
To install an application or game on Windows, you must ensure that the Windows Installer Service is in perfect condition. However, if something goes wrong, you will face issues during the installation process. Fortunately, you can restart the Windows Installer service to fix the problem. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + R hotkey to open the To run dialog box.
- In the search bar, type services.msc and press enter.
- Locate Windows Installer and right-click on it.
- Tap the Begin Where To restart from the options that appear.
That’s it. Now try to install the app or game on the Xbox app and check if the issue is resolved or not.
3]Clear Windows Store Cache
Like any other app, Windows Store keeps cache data to provide faster and smoother service. However, sometimes this data can get corrupted and cause the mentioned problem. In such a case, you will have to reset Windows Store cache to get rid of the problem. You can clear Windows Store cache using one of the methods below.
- Open command prompt in administrator mode > type WSReset.exe > press the enter key.
- Open search bar > type and open wsreset.exe
Windows Store cache data is now cleared. Try installing the app or game and check if the issue still occurs.
IPv6 can be another reason why you are having trouble with the mentioned problem especially if the problem is from downloading or installing the app from Xbox. So, you can disable IPv6 to fix the problem. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open the start menu, type and open Show network connections.
- Right click on the connected network and choose Properties.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- Click OK.
Now restart your system and check if Xbox app game install stuck while preparing 0% issue is resolved or not.
5]Disable EA Services
EA Play Services running in the background is another reason why you are experiencing the mentioned problem. It interferes with Xbox downloads and causes the problem. You will need to clear all EA Play related tasks from task manager to fix the problem. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open the task manager.
- Search all EA game related tasks.
- Right click on each of them one by one, and choose Final task.
That’s it. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
6]Repair Xbox app
If none of the workarounds mentioned above worked to fix the problem, the last thing you can try is to repair the Xbox app. A transient error may be causing the problem. And the best way to get rid of it is to repair the Xbox app. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Click on the three dots present next to Xbox and choose the Advanced option.
- Tap the Repair option. Choose Repair again in the confirmation box.
If preparing the Xbox app fixes the problem, you’re good to go. However, if the problem persists, there is nothing you can do other than reset the Xbox app. Tap the Reset option present in the same window.
What is Clear Cache on Xbox One?
Xbox One also stores game and app cache for faster processing. However, huge amount of cache data can trigger different issues. Thus, clearing the cache at regular intervals is important to prevent the system from slowing down.
Why is the Xbox app installer stuck?
There can be several reasons why the Xbox app installer is stuck. Be it misconfigured settings, IPv6, EA Play related tasks running in the background, or Windows Store cache, anything can be responsible for the problem.
Read more : Xbox Installer is stuck on Make Things Great or Preparing screen.