The mistake 0x0000042B can be caused by bad cache, unavailable necessary services or corrupted profile. The error prevents users from connecting to the Xbox live network, thus not letting them play the games they usually play through the Xbox network.
Before we get into the solutions, we have put together several reasons why you can expect this error to occur on Windows 10 or 11. Here is a brief list of issues and culprits that might be causing this problem :
- Disabled Essential Services- Several services run in the background to provide users with a smooth front-end experience. Similarly, Xbox also requires several services to function properly in order to provide flawless delivery of their services. In the event that a service malfunctions, it can lead to errors such as the chat.
- Corrupt cache- Another obvious cause for users facing this problem can be a corrupted cache file. In such a case, you should be able to quickly fix this error by deleting the corrupted cache files.
- Corrupted Xbox app- It is possible that the problem lies in the Xbox application files. This can be easily fixed by reinstalling the app.
- Unstable system files- Windows system files can become unstable for several reasons; in such a case, it is advisable to run an SFC or DISM scan to bring the unstable files back to a stable performance state.
1. Repair and reset the Xbox app
If the problem lies with the application files, it can be solved by simply repairing and resetting the Xbox store in Windows settings. The steps mentioned below can be applied to both Windows 10 and 11. Follow these simple steps to repair and reset the Xbox store.
- press the windows key on your keyboard to open the Windows start menu and search for Xbox.
- Right click on Xbox and click on App settings.
- Scroll down, under the Reset heading. Click on the Repair button.
- Wait a while for it to finish processing.
- When finished, press the Reset button. Also, wait a bit.
2. Repair and Reset the Microsoft Store
Since the Xbox app is also a Microsoft service, it means that these two apps are linked. It is possible that a problem in your Microsoft store causes you to face such issues on your Xbox app. Follow these steps to repair and reset the Microsoft Store:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Windows Start menu, and in the search bar, type Microsoft Store.
- Right click on Microsoft Store and click on App settings.
- Similar to the previous step, click Repair and reset one after the other.
- After that try to launch the Xbox app.
After that try to launch the Xbox app. If the problem persists, proceed to the next step.
3. Restart essential services
Several vital services run in the background to provide users with smooth end-to-end content delivery. If any of these services aren’t working properly, it could lead to errors throughout the Xbox app. Follow these simple steps to restart these services:
- press the Windows+R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. In the run dialog, type CMD.
- Now paste the following commands to restart essential Xbox services.
net stop iphlpsvc net start iphlpsvc net stop XblAuthManager net start XblAuthManager net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv net stop bits net start bits net stop XboxGipSvc net start XboxGipvc net stop InstallService net start InstallService
- Once all services have restarted, close the command prompt.
Try launching the Xbox game app; If the problem persists, proceed to the next step.
4. Make sure you’re signed in to the same account
The services provided by Microsoft are intertwined and incompatibility of logged in accounts on both platforms could lead to such an error. Follow these simple steps to sign in to both the Microsoft store and the Xbox game app with a common account:
- press the windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu, and in the search box, type Microsoft store and open the Microsoft Store.
- Now click on the profile icon located at the top right of the screen as shown in the image below
- Click on Logout.
- After logging out, click on the profile icon and log in to any account.
- Similarly, repeat the same procedure on your Xbox game app.
Once you’ve signed in to both apps with a common account, try launching the Xbox app.
6. Configure region and time zone
It has been discovered that a region and time zone mismatch with your geographic location could cause such issues on the services provided by Microsoft. This is due to the operations of Microsoft, the services provided by Microsoft log data with time related to it, and it could be confusing if your region and time zone do not match. Follow these simple steps to correctly configure your time zone:
- At the bottom right of your screen, right-click where the time is present as shown in the image below.
- Click on Set the date and time.
- Now switch the Set time automatically switch to ON.
- Likewise, switch the Set time zone automatically to light up.
- Now click on Sync now.
- After correctly setting the date and time, click Time and language located on the left side of your screen as shown in the image.
- Click on Language and region.
- Now under the region header, select your country.
Once done, restart the Xbox app.
7. Uninstall and reinstall Xbox Game Services
It is possible that the current version of Xbox Game Services installed on your computer is corrupted or not working properly due to several reasons. In this case, it is advisable to simply reinstall the missing service. Follow these simple steps to uninstall and reinstall Game Services.
- Open the Windows Start menu and in the Start menu search bar, type powershell. Right click on powershell and Run it as administrator.
- Paste the following command in Powershell command line terminal to uninstall currently installed Xbox Game Services
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- Once pasted, press the Enter key to uninstall game services.
- After that paste the following command to install the latest version of Xbox Game Services
- Pasting the command mentioned above will take you to a web page or a Microsoft store download page. Click on Obtain to initiate the installation procedure.
Once installed, To restart your computer.
8. Delete Xbox live login credentials
Removing Xbox Live login credentials will allow us to start fresh on the log opposite. Users reported this to fix similar errors for them. Follow these steps to remove Xbox Live login credentials:
- press the windows key to open the Windows Start menu, and in the Start menu search bar, type Credential Manager and click on it to open it.
- Click on Windows credentials and locate Xbl|DeviceKey & Xbl|GrtsDeviceKey.
- After that click on the remove button as shown in the picture below.
Once done, To restart your computer and try to launch the Xbox app.
9. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app
If applying the fixes mentioned above did not fix the problem for you, it is best at this point to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox game app. Follow these steps to do so:
- press the windows key and seek Xbox in the Start menu search bar. Right click on the Xbox and click Uninstaller.
- Now click on Uninstall Again. Once uninstalled, to restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
- After restarting your computer, click here to download the Xbox app.
- Follow the simple download and installation procedure.
10. Update Windows
The reason why you are encountering this error may be due to an outdated or unstable version of Windows installed on your computer. Experts advise users to keep their Windows system updated to avoid any inconvenience. Follow these steps to Check for updates:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu, and in the start menu, type search bar Check for updates.
- Now click on Check for updates. Windows will automatically detect all updates and automatically update your computer to the latest version of Windows.
Once updated, try launching the Xbox app.