There are reports from some Xbox console gamers and Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC gamers that they are getting the Error 0x800c0005 when playing media content (song or music video) on the Xbox app on their respective gaming device. This article provides the most appropriate solutions to fix the error.
This error may mean that the internet connection between your Xbox console or PC and the other service is down. This is often caused by incompatible Network Address Translation (NAT) types.
Error 0x800c0005 when playing media on Xbox app
If the Error 0x800c0005 happened on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One or Windows 11/10 gaming PC when playing media content on the Xbox appyou can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps fix the problem on your gaming system.
- Initial checklist
- Check your NAT settings
- Reset/Reinstall Xbox app
- Play media on another app
- Reset gaming device
- Contact Xbox Support
Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved regarding each of the listed solutions.
Before trying the solutions below, you can do the following and after each task, see if you can play media on your game system without problems:
- Restart the gaming device. Restart your gaming PC or Xbox console (press and hold the Xbox button on the controller to launch the power center. Select Restart console > To restart) depending on the case. Console gamers can restart your Xbox by following the instructions below.
- Update game device. Make sure your Windows PC is updated. You can update your Xbox console offline or open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates. Under Updates, select Console update available to begin updating.
- Check network and internet connection. Make sure the Xbox server status is all green. Otherwise, you can try to troubleshoot any Xbox Live network issues on your PC. On console, if DNS is not resolving Xbox server names, you can fix this issue as the issue may prevent Xbox Live connection on your gaming device. Also, PC gamers may flush DNS, as if DNS settings are corrupted, this may prevent some applications from contacting the internet.
- Disable or disconnect from VPN or proxy (if applicable). If you have a VPN or proxy set up, the highlighted issue may occur due to some sort of interference that ends up blocking communications between your gaming device and the service. So, disable your VPN/GPN software or reset proxy settings. On the other hand, it might be worth trying connecting via VPN or setting up a proxy to see if that fixes the connection issue if you haven’t configured those services on your device.
2]Check your NAT settings
If you tick all the boxes on the initial checklist but Error 0x800c0005 is always triggered on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One or Windows 11/10 gaming PC when playing media content on the Xbox appyou can check your NAT settings.
Your NAT type is determined by the settings or features of the router on the network you use to connect to the Internet. The Xbox console has the following NAT types:
If your NAT type is Open, your console is properly connected – in this mode a quick reboot will resolve any issues due to a temporary problem with your connection. On the other hand, if your NAT type is Moderate Where strictit usually indicates that there is some sort of restriction or blockage that is preventing your console from communicating properly.
This solution requires you to check your NAT type and make sure it is set to Open .
Press the Xbox button on the controller, then navigate to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Now under the section that reads, Current Network Status, please click on NAT Type
PC gamers can change the MAC address on your Windows 11/10 gaming device, and Xbox console gamers can also erase the alternate MAC address. Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear and see if that helps.
3]Reset/Reinstall Xbox app
You can uninstall the Xbox app on your Windows 11/10 gaming platform and install the app through Microsoft Store and see if that helps. You can repair or reset the app first and if that didn’t help, you can proceed with uninstall/reinstall.
To uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your console, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Select House to return to the home screen.
- Then select My games and apps.
- Select apps.
- Highlight the Xbox app tile.
- press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Uninstall.
- On the confirmation screen, select Uninstall all.
- Restart the console after the app uninstall process is complete.
- After the console restarts, scroll right to Store Region.
- Select Xbox app.
- Select Install.
Try the following solution if the issue you are currently facing is not resolved.
4]Play media on another app
Depending on the app you’re getting the error on, if solution 3]didn’t help, this solution instead requires you to download from Microsoft/Xbox Store, install and use any another Media Player app to play your media on your Xbox console or Windows 11/10 PC.
5]Reset game device
This solution requires you to reset your gaming device and see if the problem is fixed. You can reset your Xbox console – but be sure to select the Reset and keep my games and apps option. PC gamers can reset Windows 11/10, but choose the option to keep your personal files.
6]Contact Xbox Support
If you have exhausted all the suggestions, workarounds, and solutions provided in this article, but the problem is still not resolved, you can contact Xbox Support and see if they can help you resolve the issue at hand.
I hope this post helps you!
Similar item: Error 0xc101ab66 when playing content in the Movies & TV app on Xbox
How do I restart the Xbox console?
You can manually restart your gaming device as follows:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds to turn off your console.
- Unplug your Xbox from the mains.
- Wait at least 30-60 seconds.
- When the time is up, plug your Xbox back into the power outlet.
- Now press the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller to turn your console back on.
Why aren’t my clips playing on the Xbox app?
If you can’t see your clips, make sure they were uploaded to the Xbox service and not saved locally on your console. On your console: Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Preferences.
How to fix error code 0x800c0005?
To fix error code 0x800c0005 on your Xbox console, you can try the following suggestions:
- Restart both devices.
- Changing NAT settings.
- Setting the router to DMZ mode.
Good game !