Do you need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to play the Modern Warfare 2 beta?
Call of Duty Players can enjoy exclusive perks just by pre-ordering Modern Warfare 2, so here’s everything included in the pre-order, including early access, skins, plus the leaked Villain Operator Pack.
Modern Warfare 2 is getting closer and closer, bringing a globetrotting campaign, multiplayer, Warzone 2 and the leaked DMZ mode. While the campaign gameplay has been revealed, we have to wait until September 15 to see all that multiplayer and Warzone 2 has to offer.
In the meantime, pre-orders are live, giving players a ton of exclusive perks like Warzone skins and early access. Here are all the confirmed pre-order bonuses for Modern Warfare 2, including the leaked Operator Pack which has yet to be announced.
Early Access to Modern Warfare 2 Beta with Pre-Order
The Modern Warfare 2 open beta will go live for PlayStation players on September 16 and for everyone else on September 22. But only those who pre-ordered digitally will be able to access the beta for the first two days of each weekend.
You can check all the dates below:
- PlayStation Early Access Beta: September 16 – September 20
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 18 – September 20
- Crossplay (PlayStation, Xbox and PC) Early Access Beta: September 22 – September 26
- Open beta in crossplay: September 24 – September 26
But, if you were watching the CDL 2022 Championship live on Sunday, check your emails in case you received an early access code.
Early Access to Modern Warfare 2 Campaign with Pre-Order
Although previously leaked, Activision has officially confirmed that anyone who pre-orders the Digital Edition of Modern Warfare 2 can play the campaign more than a week before launch.
While Modern Warfare 2 arrives on October 28, anyone who pre-ordered the game can access the full campaign on October 20.
Pre-order skins for Modern Warfare 2
As another incentive, pre-ordering the Modern Warfare 2 Digital Edition will unlock the Doomsday Bundle in Vanguard and Warzone.
Here’s everything included in the Warzone and Vanguard Final Judgment Bundle:
- Death Lucas Skin
- Bloodthirsty Automaton Blueprint
- Death Judgment Business Card
- Underground Emblem
- Devil’s Head Crosshair
- Night rod sticker
- I look intimidating Lucas Quip
- Bloody Nose Lucas Quip
Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition pre-order bonus
For those looking to get the most out of Modern Warfare 2 at launch, they can pre-order the Vault Edition which offers even more pre-order bonuses.
From Call of Duty Bloghere’s everything you get if you pre-order the Vault Edition:
- All previously listed rewards.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators – Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap – each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Chest: To Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details about this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be available during the open beta.
- Season 1 Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips: If you purchase the Vault Edition after the first season, the Battle Pass and free tier skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack: Over 20 free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for modern warfare® (2019) and war zoneunlocked on pre-purchase.
Al-Asad operator pre-order bonus leaks
According to leaks, classic Modern Warfare villain Al-Asad will be coming to Warzone and Vanguard as an Operator, and he’ll be free for players who pre-order Modern Warfare 2.
It’s unclear when Al-Asad will arrive in Warzone and Vanguard, but it’s likely in Season 5 with all other leaked Operator Villain bundles.
If you pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2 on Steam, be sure to check out how to ensure you get all the pre-order bonuses.
Image credit: Activision