After the death of Mixer, Microsoft’s own streaming service, the Xbox gaming platform found itself without a viable integrated streaming service for console gamers. Lightstream, an extremely popular program used to edit and enhance a streaming experience with overlays and more, seeks to address this problem with its new solution. Using Lightstream’s new experimental integration with the Twitch app on Xbox, gamers can stream to Twitch directly from their Xbox, stream overlays and all.
If you’re interested, you can read more about the Experimental feature on the Lightstream website, but any interested streamer can try out this feature over the next week, albeit after taking a few steps. Streaming on Twitch using Lightstream isn’t as easy as streaming on Mixer, but it’s a great alternative and allows access to Twitch with stream overlays and other features that are normally a lot. more difficult to implement.
VPN offers: lifetime license for $ 16, monthly plans for $ 1 and more
This integration with Lightstream takes streaming on Twitch from an Xbox console to a whole new level.
To use Lightstream’s new integration with Twitch, follow these steps:
- Go to the Lightstream website on any non-mobile browser (i.e. not on your phone).
- Use the Lightstream website to customize your feed however you want. Choose from various overlays, alerts, scenes, and more.
- Download the Twitch app on your Xbox console. Make sure to sign in with your Twitch account.
- Go to the Broadcasting section and define your settings. You will want to make sure Lightstream is defined as your broadcast destination.
- You can now start streaming from your Xbox console. Lightstream should automatically go live and configure your stream.
- You can also use remotes on Lightstream’s website to change scenes on the fly.
And that’s it ! Are you interested in trying this integration with Lightstream and Twitch? If you have already done it, what did you think of it? Let us know in the comments below!
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.