The Xbox app for Windows 10 brings together gamers on Xbox One and computers running Windows 10, making it a great tool for cross-platform communication. However, some users are having an issue with the app’s messaging tool, especially the one who used Reddit:
I’m not sure what the problem is, but for about a month, the Messages tab in the Windows 10 Xbox Live app won’t work for me. It says “try again, we had trouble receiving your messages”, and when I send a message it says “we could not send this message, please try again later”.
Try again. We had a hard time getting your conversations
- Reset the Xbox app on Windows 10
- Restart your console
- Physically restart the console
1. Reset the Xbox app on Windows 10
One possible solution to the problem is to open the search bar and search for “Apps and Features. “Next, find the Xbox app, select advanced options and click“ Reset. ”This should save the messages, although you may have to repeat the process each time the error appears.
2. Restart your console
Another solution is to restart or turn off and turn on your Xbox One console. Note that the process does not erase any of your sets or data.
- press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- To select Settings.
- To select Restart the console.
- To select Yes to confirm.
If you cannot access the guide or if the console is stuck, press and hold. Xbox on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After that, touch the Xbox back to the console to restart.
3. Physically restart the console.
- Switch off your console by holding the Xbox on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or Xbox button on your controller.
If you don’t see the green startup animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure to hold down the power button until the console turns off completely.
If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will turn off the console completely. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying “Xbox on”, will not be activated until you restart the console.
Disconnect and reconnect the power cable to your console
- Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power cable from the console. Wait 10 seconds.
Make sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power.
- Reconnect the console power cable.
- press the Xbox on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
It should do it. If you have any additional steps to suggest, be sure to share them with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD WATCH:
Start a conversation